Goals & Objectives
The goal of ClimateChangeLIVE: A Distance Learning Adventure is to raise awareness and understanding of climate change, while providing a strong focus on empowering youth to take an active role in the solutions to environmental challenges.
The objectives of this distance learning program are to:
- Provide credible, science-based climate change education resources
- Educate students about climate change
- Provide success stories about what students and others are doing to help protect and conserve natural resources to encourage schools and classrooms to learn outside and take action
- Meet national science education standards as they relate to climate change
- Increase participation in and understanding of citizen science programs related to climate change mitigation so that students learn the importance of being a good steward
- Share information about what the partner agencies are doing to address climate change
- Understand the role of citizens, public land management agencies, and non-governmental organizations in protecting and conserving natural resources.